…Well kind of pink
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus by Chef Byron Thomas
Serve with pita chips, cut veggies or smear or an avocado sandwich on whole grain bread.
Here’s a list of what you’ll need:
- 1 -15oz can of chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, roughly chopped (reserve a teaspoon full for garnish later)
- 2 tablespoons of oil from the jar of sundried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1/4 cup of loosely packed fresh chopped basil
Blend in a food processor. Chunky or smooth, your preference. Top with basil leaves and chopped sun dried tomato.