What do you write in a card to someone who just finished chemo?
A simple “I will keep thinking of you,” or “I wish you much love and strength” or “I’m sending you a big hug” is a perfect way to end your note.
What do you say to someone finishing radiation?
Here are some good options.
- “I don’t know exactly what to say, but please know how much I care.”
- “What can I do for you?”
- “I’m always here if you ever want to talk.”
- “I’m so sorry this happened to you.”
- Use humor, but only if you know it will be received positively. …
- No words, just listen.
How do you celebrate finishing radiation?
Some patients with cancer celebrate the end of a course of radiation or chemotherapy by ringing a bell. Indeed, many patients say they love the graduation-like ceremony and the sense of closure it gives them.
Why do you ring a bell after chemo?
The bell signals the end of chemotherapy treatment. It is also a warm tradition among cancer patients completing radiation treatments. Patients ring bells in hospitals around the world to mark the end of their treatments.
What words can I say for encouragement?
These phrases are ways to tell someone to keep trying:
- Hang in there.
- Don’t give up.
- Keep pushing.
- Keep fighting!
- Stay strong.
- Never give up.
- Never say ‘die’.
- Come on! You can do it!.
What are some uplifting quotes?
10 Uplifting Quotes To Make Your Day
- 1. “ …
- “It’s your life; live it well.” …
- “Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings.” …
- “We don’t meet people by accident. …
- “Taking care of yourself makes you stronger for everyone in your life …
What should you not say to a dying person?
What not to say to someone who is dying
- Don’t ask ‘How are you?’ …
- Don’t just focus on their illness. …
- Don’t make assumptions. …
- Don’t describe them as ‘dying’ …
- Don’t wait for them to ask.
What should you not say to a terminally ill person?
What Not To Say When A Friend’s Loved One Has A Terminal Illness
- “My aunt had the same thing and got better.”
- “You’re so brave.”
- “I know what it’s like…”
- “It’s going to be so hard to say goodbye.”
- “People die.”
- “They don’t look sick.”
- “Let me know if I can do anything.”
- Any statement that includes the word “should.”
What to say to a dying loved one?
What to Say to Someone Who Is Dying Soon
- “I love you so much.”
- “Thank you for teaching me….”
- “I will never forget when….”
- “My favorite memory we share…..”
- “I’m sorry for…..”
- “I hope you’ll forgive me for…..”
- “It sounds like you’re seeing….”
- “It sounds like you’re hearing….”