What type of cancer causes long periods?
However, if your period is heavier or lasting longer than is usual for you, or you are experiencing bleeding between periods, your “unusual” period could be a red flag for uterine cancer. Uterine cancer — which includes endometrial cancer — is the most common reproductive cancer among women.
Is uterine cancer bleeding like a period?
Unusual vaginal bleeding, spotting, or other discharge
About 90% of women with endometrial cancer have abnormal vaginal bleeding. This might be a change in their periods, bleeding between periods, or bleeding after menopause. Non-cancer problems can also cause abnormal bleeding.
What is the 7 warning signs of cancer?
These are potential cancer symptoms:
- Change in bowel or bladder habits.
- A sore that does not heal.
- Unusual bleeding or discharge.
- Thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere.
- Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing.
- Obvious change in a wart or mole.
- Nagging cough or hoarseness.
What does uterine cancer bleeding look like?
The most common symptom of endometrial cancer is abnormal vaginal bleeding, ranging from a watery and blood-streaked flow to a flow that contains more blood. Vaginal bleeding during or after menopause is often a sign of a problem.
What are the warning signs of uterine cancer?
Signs of Uterine Cancer
- Unusual vaginal bleeding or spotting. …
- Abnormal vaginal discharge that may be bloody or non-bloody.
- Any bleeding from the vagina after menopause.
- A mass or tumor in your lower abdomen (belly) that you can feel.
- Pain in your pelvic area or lower abdomen (belly)
- Losing weight without trying.
What are the nine warning signs of cancer?
Here, medical experts explain more about some of the red flags that many people overlook …
- Unexplained weight loss. …
- Ongoing tiredness. …
- Unexplained or irregular bleeding. …
- Swelling in the neck. …
- Mouth ulcers that don’t heal. …
- Persistent bloating. …
- Changes to bowel habits. …
- Non-healing skin blemishes.
What does ovarian cancer discharge look like?
The signs or symptoms of ovarian cancer include: bleeding from the vagina that isn’t normal (such as heavy or irregular bleeding, bleeding between periods), especially after menopause. frequent discharge from the vagina that is clear, white or coloured with blood. a lump that can be felt in the pelvis or abdomen.
What does uterine cancer smell like?
If cervical cancer lacks oxygen, some cells may die off, infecting the tumor. The infection creates a foul smelling vaginal discharge, which serves as another sign of cervical cancer. This continuous discharge may be pale, watery, brown, or mixed with blood.
How would u know if u have cancer?
What are some general signs and symptoms of cancer?
- Fatigue or extreme tiredness that doesn’t get better with rest.
- Weight loss or gain of 10 pounds or more for no known reason.
- Eating problems such as not feeling hungry, trouble swallowing, belly pain, or nausea and vomiting.
- Swelling or lumps anywhere in the body.
Can you have cancer and feel fine?
Cancer is always a painful disease, so if you feel fine, you don’t have cancer. Many types of cancer cause little to no pain, especially in the early stages.
What does cancer fatigue feel like?
People with cancer might describe it as feeling very weak, listless, drained, or “washed out” that may decrease for a while but then comes back. Some may feel too tired to eat, walk to the bathroom, or even use the TV remote. It can be hard to think or move.
How long can you live with untreated endometrial cancer?
The patients had varying length of survival (range: 5 months to 12 years), but all patients experienced generally good health several years after diagnosis.
What is the most common reason for bleeding after menopause?
The most common causes of bleeding or spotting after menopause include: Endometrial or vaginal atrophy (lining of the uterus or vagina becomes thin and dry). Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) (estrogen and progesterone supplements that decrease some menopausal symptoms).