What factors play a role in cancer?
General risk factors for cancer include:
- Older age.
- A personal or family history of cancer.
- Using tobacco.
- Some types of viral infections, such as human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Specific chemicals.
- Exposure to radiation, including ultraviolet radiation from the sun.
What are the 4 types of cancer?
The major types of cancer are carcinoma, sarcoma, melanoma, lymphoma, and leukemia.
What are 7 warning signs of cancer?
These are potential cancer symptoms:
- Change in bowel or bladder habits.
- A sore that does not heal.
- Unusual bleeding or discharge.
- Thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere.
- Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing.
- Obvious change in a wart or mole.
- Nagging cough or hoarseness.
What are the top 10 causes of cancer?
The germline mutations are carried through generations and increase the risk of cancer.
- Cancer syndromes.
- Bacteria and parasites.
What are the 5 major risk factors for cancer?
The most common risk factors for cancer include aging, tobacco, sun exposure, radiation exposure, chemicals, and other substances, some viruses and bacteria, certain hormones, family history of cancer, alcohol, poor diet, lack of physical activity, or being overweight.
What is the treatment for cancer called?
Chemotherapy. Chemotherapy uses drugs to kill cancer cells. Radiation therapy.
Which is deadliest cancer?
List of cancer mortality rates in the United States
|Type||Age Adjusted Mortality Rates (per 100,000 people) during 2013-2017|
|Liver cancer and bile duct cancer||6.6|
What are the worst cancers to have?
Top 5 Deadliest Cancers
- Prostate Cancer.
- Pancreatic Cancer.
- Breast Cancer.
- Colorectal Cancer.
- Lung Cancer.