What race is most affected by colon cancer?
Colorectal cancer also disproportionately affects the Black community, where the rates are the highest of any racial/ethnic group in the US. African Americans are about 20% more likely to get colorectal cancer and about 40% more likely to die from it than most other groups.
What ethnicity has the lowest cancer rate?
Hispanic and American Indian/Alaska Native women have the lowest incidence rates.
Who is most likely to get colon cancer?
Age. The disease is most common in people older than 50, and the chance of getting colorectal cancer goes up with each decade past age 40. Cancers are very rare in people younger than 40, except those who have a strong family history of the disease.
Are Asians at risk for colon cancer?
Asian Americans are the fastest growing minority group in the United States. 52% of Asian American adults between 50-75 have not been screening for colorectal cancer. Colorectal cancer is the 2nd most common cancer in Asian Americans. Risk of colorectal cancer increases greatly upon immigration to the United States.
What are symptoms of stage 1 colon cancer?
- A persistent change in your bowel habits, including diarrhea or constipation or a change in the consistency of your stool.
- Rectal bleeding or blood in your stool.
- Persistent abdominal discomfort, such as cramps, gas or pain.
- A feeling that your bowel doesn’t empty completely.
- Weakness or fatigue.
How do you prevent colon cancer?
Six Ways to Lower Your Risk for Colorectal Cancer
- Get screened for colorectal cancer. Screenings are tests that look for cancer before signs and symptoms develop. …
- Eat lots of vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. …
- Get regular exercise. …
- Take control of your weight. …
- Don’t smoke. …
- Avoid alcohol.
What country has the best cancer cure rate?
1. Australia. Whilst Australia suffers high levels of certain types of cancers, such as skin, prostate, lung, bowel and breast, it has the lowest cancer mortality rate in the world3 – which is a huge achievement.
Which country has the most cancer patients?
The highest cancer rate was found in Australia at 579.9 men per 100,000.
Cancer rates in men.
|Rank||Country||Age-standardised rate per 100,000|
Which race has the highest cancer death rate?
How Many People Die of Cancer by Sex and Race/Ethnicity? Among both men and women, blacks have the highest cancer death rates, and Asian/Pacific Islander have the lowest cancer death rates.
What happens if they find cancer during a colonoscopy?
Usually if a suspected colorectal cancer is found by any screening or diagnostic test, it is biopsied during a colonoscopy. In a biopsy, the doctor removes a small piece of tissue with a special instrument passed through the scope. Less often, part of the colon may need to be surgically removed to make the diagnosis.
How do I know if I had colon cancer?
Blood in the stool that is either bright red, black or tarry. Unintentional weight loss. Stools that are narrower than usual. Diarrhea, constipation, or feeling that the bowel does not empty completely.