2018 Out Shop Cancer Shopping Event
The Out Shop Cancer Shopping Event is a American Cancer Society approved Event which raises money for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Strides is one of the American Cancer Society’s signature fundraising event, and Strides of SL is one of its virtual counterparts.
In addition to the General Guidelines (Click here for General Guidelines) the 2018 Out Shop Cancer Shopping Event has specific Merchant Guidelines.
- All persons, behavior, and objects of the 2018 Out Shop Cancer shopping event must follow the Linden Labs Terms of Service (http://www.lindenlab.com/tos) and the Second Life Community Standards: (https://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php)
- All content displayed in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in Second Life must be rated for general or moderate audiences. Absolutely no adult content depicted in pictures, text or demonstration models. Adult versions of rezzable content may be sold in the exhibit vendors which clearly states the items are adult in nature.
- All businesses and brand names are allowed one registration per business.
- Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. You must complete an online registration form in order to reserve your shop/and or sponsorship. **Please note that our online form is date and time stamped automatically**.
- Please note that registering online does not complete your shop and/or sponsorship registration. Merchant registration and fees are due by August 31, 2018 and the coordinator for the event reserves the right to deny any application. Should an application be denied, the registrant will be notified and the registration fee returned. ***Once an application is accepted, registration and sponsorship fees are non-refundable, and no exceptions are made.***
- Failure to make a payment will result in your shop registration being cancelled and your spot possibly given to someone else.
- All payments will be made at a designated location via Strides vendors. As these vendors do not accept partial payments, all registration monies are due at the time of payment.
- 100% of registration fees and fundraising activity revenue, as a result of or during the approved Strides Event, are paid to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
- At least one MSABC vendor or gacha must be set up at your business. 100% vendors and tools will be provided as part of your registration fee.
- If you would like to purchase 50% vendors or 50% gachas, there will be a separate fee.
- All items that are inside Strides vendors, must follow the Strides Fundraising Guidelines.
Intellectual Property Guidelines:
- All content at the 2018 Out Shop Cancer shopping event must follow the Linden Labs Terms of Service, Section 2: Content Licenses and Intellectual Property Rights Section: http://www.lindenlab.com/tos#tos2
- All items are distributed (sold or freely given) by designers and/ or merchants must be their own original creations, or creations compiled with components they have legally obtained licenses for commercial use or are in the public domain.
- Designers and/ or merchants retain all intellectual property rights associated with their original creations, unless otherwise assigned through licenses or limited licenses.
- Designers and/or merchants grant the Event coordinator(s) a limited license to use any logos and product ads provided to them to promote their participation of the event in Second Life and on third-party websites, such as, but not limited to in-world shopping guides and promotional materials, event sign boards, event related blogs, Strides websites, Flickr, Pinterest and Facebook. Designers and/or merchants agree that their business will be open to photographers and machinima producers, and that photography and filming will be allowed during the event, beginning with the Press Preview and for the duration of the event.
- Please note that all items and objects are subject to verification at Out Shop Cancer and that Out Shop Cancer organizers reserve the right to deny items that do not follow the Intellectual Property and Copyright rules and guidelines at the Showcase.
- We cannot SELL anything with the American Cancer Society or the official Making Strides or the Relay For Life logo on it. (Tip: you can give items as a gift in exchange for a donation). Our Second Life (MSABC) theme logo may be used on items that are sold in Making Strides in SL Vendors.
- When using the American Cancer Society, Relay For Life, or Making Strides logo, do not change or alter it in any way. This includes in advertisements/textures used as signage.