Thank you for your interest in being part of the Out Shop Cancer event to benefit Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in Second Life and the American Cancer Society.
The Out Shop Cancer event will run from October 1- October 31, 2019.
This shopping event will take place across the grid with shoppers coming to your business rather than to an event region. Our goal is to help build your brand awareness through your support of Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in Second Life.
Each participating designer will set out at least one vendor and/or gacha with proceeds going to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in Second Life. There will be an option of using 100% vendors or 50% vendors. Marketplace stores are welcome as well. (More details below)
The participating designers will be featured on a teleport hud that shoppers will use to go directly to their stores. Space on the hud will be limited on a first come first serve basis. There will also be a listing of the participating stores on the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in Second Life website, social media and via notecard in-world.
- All persons, behavior, and objects of the 2019 Out Shop Cancer shopping event must follow the Linden Labs Terms of Service (http://www.lindenlab.com/tos) and the Second Life Community Standards: (https://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php)
- All content displayed in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in Second Life fundraising tools must be rated for general or moderate audiences. Absolutely no adult content depicted in pictures, text or demonstration models. Adult versions of rezzable content may be sold in the exhibit vendors which clearly states the items are adult in nature.
- All businesses and brand names are allowed one registration per business.
- Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. You must complete an online registration form in order to reserve your shop/and or sponsorship. **Please note that our online form is date and time stamped automatically**.
- Please note that registering online does not complete your shop and/or sponsorship registration. Merchant registration and fees are due by August 15, 2019 and the coordinator for the event reserves the right to deny any application. Should an application be denied, the registrant will be notified and the registration fee returned. ***Once an application is accepted, registration and sponsorship fees are non-refundable, and no exceptions are made.***
- Failure to make a payment will result in your shop registration being cancelled and your spot possibly given to someone else.
- All payments will be made at a designated location via Strides vendors. As these vendors do not accept partial payments, all registration monies are due at the time of payment.
- 100% of registration fees and fundraising activity revenue, as a result of or during the approved Strides Event, are paid to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
- At least one MSABC vendor or gacha must be set up at your business. 100% vendors and tools will be provided as part of your registration fee.
- For a Marketplace store you must list at least one item 100% proceeds to Making Strides. Payment details for purchases of this item will be provided.
- If you would like to purchase 50% vendors or 50% gachas, there will be a separate fee.
- All items that are inside Strides vendors or for sale to benefit Making Strides, must follow the Strides Fundraising Guidelines.
Intellectual Property Guidelines:
- All content at the 2019 Out Shop Cancer shopping event must follow the Linden Labs Terms of Service, Section 2: Content Licenses and Intellectual Property Rights Section: http://www.lindenlab.com/tos#tos2
- All items are distributed (sold or freely given) by designers and/ or merchants must be their own original creations, or creations compiled with components they have legally obtained licenses for commercial use or are in the public domain.
- Designers and/ or merchants retain all intellectual property rights associated with their original creations, unless otherwise assigned through licenses or limited licenses.
- Designers and/or merchants grant the Event coordinator(s) a limited license to use any logos and product ads provided to them to promote their participation of the event in Second Life and on third-party websites, such as, but not limited to in-world shopping guides and promotional materials, event sign boards, event related blogs, Strides websites, Flickr, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook. Designers and/or merchants agree that their business will be open to photographers and machinima producers, and that photography and filming will be allowed during the event, beginning with the Press Preview and for the duration of the event.
- Please note that all items and objects are subject to verification at Out Shop Cancer and that Out Shop Cancer organizers reserve the right to deny items that do not follow the Intellectual Property and Copyright rules and guidelines at the Showcase.
- We cannot SELL anything with the American Cancer Society or the official Making Strides or the Relay For Life logo on it. (Tip: you can give items as a gift in exchange for a donation). Our Second Life (MSABC) theme logo may be used on items that are sold in Making Strides in SL Vendors.
- When using the American Cancer Society, Relay For Life, or Making Strides logo, do not change or alter it in any way. This includes in advertisements/textures used as signage.
For additional General Guidelines please visit here.
To register for the Out Shop Cancer Shopping Event, please go here.
Additional ways you can support Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in Second Life:
- Donate a One of A Kind Item for Auction at the Strides Gala on October 26, 2019.
- Donate a small item to go into the walkers’ gift bags that they will be given after the Making Strides walk on October 19, 2019.
- You may set items up on Marketplace with a split sell to donate and you can contact Leala Spire or Sandie Loxingly for more info on this.
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer or MSABC is the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the nation, uniting more than 300 communities to finish the fight. Every breast cancer walk and event is an incredible and inspiring opportunity to honor those who have battled breast cancer, raise awareness about what we can do to reduce our breast cancer risk, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society fight the disease with research, information, services, and access to mammograms for women who need them.
For more information or to donate, visit Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in Second Life official American Cancer Society page here.