It’s time to break out those walking shoes and join us as we Make Strides during the 2018 Strides Walk!
Everyone is welcome!! One lap or as many as you can, Sign up!!! Help us take Strides Against Breast Cancer in SL!
- As a walker, you make the promise to come out on Saturday, Oct. 20 to the Strides track and walk as many laps as you can between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. SLT.
- Registered walkers will receive a walker’s folder with info about the walk, chart to help you with calculating estimated sponsor donations , and help on finding sponsors. Every walker is asked to get a minimum of three (3) sponsors. You can count yourself as one if you like. On walk day, all qualified walkers will receive a walker gift bag as a thank you for all you are doing to raise funds. Sign up here to be a walker: https://tinyurl.com/y7um2kdd
- Laps will be counted by Brokken Industries. Only completed laps will count.
- After the walk on Sunday, Oct. 21, walkers will receive a list of all their sponsors and the pledge made from each, as well as the total they should collect from each. Walkers have from Oct. 21 through Oct. 29 to collect pledges in a Strides Kiosk. For the walker’s personal protection we ask that they post besides each of their names on their sponsor card the payment to the kiosk from their transaction history. Once they have collected all pledges they will turn in their cards and awards will go out to the top walkers.
- All walkers will be given an award based on laps walked along with special awards going out for:
- Top fundraiser
- Most Laps
- Most Sponsors
- Overall Top Walker (combo of funds/laps/sponsors)
We will post results on the Making Strides website.
- We would like the walkers to reach out to their friends in SL and if you like real life to get sponsors for your walk. The more sponsors you have the more you can raise for MSABC!!
- You do not need to be contacted personal by a walker to sponsor one. EVERYONE is welcome to sponsor a walker.
- Sponsors are individuals who pledge to pay so much per lap walked by the walker. An example of this would be: A walker gets a sponsor to pledge $L50 per lap walked by the walker. On walk day the walker comes out and walks 10 completed laps. The walker would then come back to the sponsor to collect a total donation of $L500 for Strides and have them pay a Strides Kiosk.
- Sponsors for walkers can be individuals or businesses. People can sign up to be a sponsor of a walker by going to the google site below. You just choose a walker and make the pledge per lap. You can sponsor as many walkers as you would like.
- Sponsor signup: https://tinyurl.com/y9jf4byg
We invite everyone to come out on walk day and join us to cheer the walkers on and enjoy a day of entertainment and great music while we raise funds for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Across Second Life.