Saturday, October 19, 2019
10 a.m. – 6 p.m. SLT
It’s that time again to put your best foot forward. It’s time to register for the 5th Annual Strides Walk-a-thon. This year’s walk will take place on Saturday October 19th, starting at 10 am. This will be part of the Pink Power Fest. Walkers will start the official laps at 10 am. They will be able to walk as many lap as they can from 10 am till 6pm slt. Details on Walker’s Qualifications and how to register is listed below, as well as Sponsor information and a link to the sponsorship form. Once you have registered, your name will be added to the sponsorship form and you can begin right away to get sponsors between now and the day of the walk. A walker’s folder, along with an optional group invitation will be sent to you. The group will give you special walker’s tag and the inside scoop of Fest events.
Everyone is welcome!! One lap or as many as you can, Sign up!!! Help us take Strides Against Breast Cancer in SL!
- As a walker, you make the promise to come out on Saturday, Oct. 19 to the Strides track and walk as many laps as you can between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. SLT.
- Registered walkers will receive a walker’s folder with info about the walk, chart to help you with calculating estimated sponsor donations , and help on finding sponsors. Every walker is asked to get a minimum of three (3) sponsors. Sponsors can be individuals, businesses, or out of world sources (donating their pledged amount online). You can count yourself as one if you like. On walk day, all qualified walkers will receive a walker gift bag as a thank you for all you are doing to raise funds. Sign up here to be a walker: 2019 Strides Walk-a-thon Registration
- Laps will be counted by Brokken Industries. Only completed laps will count.
- After the walk on Sunday, Oct. 27, walkers will receive a list of all their sponsors and the pledge made from each, as well as the total they should collect from each. Walkers have from Oct. 27 through Oct. 30 to collect pledges in a Strides Kiosk. For the walker’s personal protection we ask that they post besides each of their names on their sponsor card the payment to the kiosk from their transaction history. Once they have collected all pledges they will turn in their cards and awards will go out to the top walkers.
- All walkers will be given an award based on laps walked along with special awards going out for:
- Top fundraiser
- Most Laps
We will post results on the Making Strides website.
- We would like the walkers to reach out to their friends in SL and if you like real life to get sponsors for your walk. The more sponsors you have the more you can raise for MSABC!!
- You do not need to be contacted personal by a walker to sponsor one. EVERYONE is welcome to sponsor a walker.
- Sponsors are individuals who pledge to pay so much per lap walked by the walker. An example of this would be: A walker gets a sponsor to pledge $L50 per lap walked by the walker. On walk day the walker comes out and walks 10 completed laps. The walker would then come back to the sponsor to collect a total donation of $L500 for Strides and have them pay a Strides Kiosk.
- Sponsors for walkers can be individuals or businesses. People can sign up to be a sponsor of a walker by going to the google site below. You just choose a walker and make the pledge per lap. You can sponsor as many walkers as you would like.
- Sponsor signup: 2019 Strides Walk-a-thon Sponsor Form
We invite everyone to come out on walk day and join us to cheer the walkers on and enjoy a day of entertainment and great music while we raise funds for Strides and the American Cancer Society fight against Breast Cancer.